A Practical English Grammar Exercises 1 là sách bài tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, giúp các bạn luyện tập và nâng cao kỹ năng sử dụng Tiếng Anh. Các bạn nên kết hợp cuốn sách A Practical English Grammar Exercises 1 với và để có được hiệu quả tốt nhất.
A Practical English Grammar Exercises 1
PEG 1 - 4
Insert a or an if necessary.
1. My neighbour is . . . photographer; let's ask him for . . . advice about colour films.
2. We had . . . fish and . . . chips for . . . lunch. ~
That doesn't sound . . . very interesting lunch.
3. I had . . . very bad night; I didn't sleep . . . wink.
4. He is . . . vegetarian; you won't get . . . meat at his house. He'll give you . . . nut cutlet.
~ Last time I had . . . nut cutlet I had . . . indigestion.
5. . . . travel agent would give you . . . information about . . . hotels.
6. We'd better go by . . . taxi—if we can get . . . taxi at such . . . hour as 2 a.m.
7. . . . person who suffers from . . . claustrophobia has . . . dread of being confined in . . . small space, and would always prefer . . . stairs to . . . lift.
8. Do you take . . . sugar in . . . coffee? ~
I used to, but now I'm on . . . diet. I'm trying to lose . . . weight.
9. . . . man suffering from . . . shock should not be given anything to drink.
10. You'll get . . . shock if you touch . . . live wire with that screwdriver.
Why don't you get . . . screwdriver with . . . insulated handle?
11. It costs fifty-five and . . . half pence and I've only got . . . fifty pence piece. ~
You can pay by . . . cheque here. ~
But can I write . . . cheque for . . . fifty-five and . . . half pence?
12. . . . Mr Smith is . . . old customer and . . . honest man. ~
Why do you say that? Has he been accused of . . . dishonesty?
13. I'm not . . . wage-earner; I'm . . . self-employed man. I have . . . business of my own. ~
Then you're not . . . worker; you're . . . capitalist!
14. When he was charged with . . . murder he said he had . . . alibi.
15. . . . friend of mine is expecting . . . baby. If it's . . . girl she's going to be called
What . . . name to give . . . girl!
16. I have . . . hour and . . . half for lunch. ~
I only have . . . half . . . hour—barely . . . time for . . . smoke and ... cup of coffee.
17. I hope you have . . . lovely time and . . . good weather. ~
But I'm not going for . . . holiday; I'm going on . . . business.
18. He looked at me with . . . horror when I explained that I was . . . double agent.
19. I wouldn't climb . . . mountain for Ј1,000! I have . . . horror of . . . heights.
20. I have . . . headache and . . . sore throat. I think I've got . . . cold. ~
I think you're getting . . . flu.
21. . . . Mr Jones called while you were out (neither of us knows this man). He wants to make . . . complaint about . . . article in the paper. He was in . . . very bad temper.