Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 Chuyên ngoại ngữ có đáp án được VnDoc.com đăng tải giúp các bạn ôn thi vào trường THPT Chuyên Ngoại Ngữ một cách chủ động nhất. Đáp án được đưa ra cuối đề thi, giúp các bạn tra cứu dễ dàng và có hướng ôn tập hiệu quả.
Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 Chuyên ngoại ngữ có đáp án
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. campus B. relax C. ancient D. fascimile
2. A. congratulate B. profit C. compose D. decorate
3. A. gathering B. clothes C. athletics D. bathe
4. A. designed B. published C. covered D. sprayed
5. A. exchange B. fetch C. chimney D. champagne
II. Choose a word in each group that has different stress pattern.
6. A. psychedelic B. inspiration C. interactive D. encouragement
7. A. scenery B. encourage C. embroider D. experience
8. A. puppet B. freedom C. describe D. message
9. A. extensive B. opinion C. official D. optional
10. A. compulsory B. convenient C. correspond D. communicate
III. Decide the best option A, B, C, or D for each gap to complete the following sentences.
11. In towns please drive slowly! You ...... drive faster than 50 kph.
A. don't have to B. mustn't C. mayn’t D. needn’t
12. We can't use the car now because it ...... .
A. is mended B. hasn't mended C. is being mended D. will be mended
13. They were arrested ...... smuggling drug into the country.
A. of B. by C. for D. about
14. Who do you think I ran ...... in the library this morning?
A. down B. over C. in D. into
15. ...... behalf of the committee, I'd like to thank you for your generous donation.
A. In B. For C. On D. To
16. ...... the rain, the football match went ahead.
A. Owing to B. Despite C. However D. In spite
17. ...... he leaves or I leave!
A. Either B. Neither C. Only D. Unless
18. Why don't you buy bananas when they are much ...... than apples?
A. less expensive B. not expensive C. as expensive D. lesser expensive
19. Mr. Brown is the landlord ...... we rent the house.
A. who B. whom C. from whom D. of whom
20. Let's go for a walk, ...... ?
A. do we B. shall we C. don't we D. let not we
21. By the age of twenty-five he had ...... his wish of becoming a pianist.
A. reached B. achieved C. obtained D. had
22. A large shop that sells all kinds of goods is called a ...... .
A. warehouse B. storeroom C. department D. department store
23. When you're on holiday you might buy a ...... to take home with you.
A. souvenir B. message C. memory D. remembrance
24. I am very sorry. I've ...... your book at home again. I'll bring it again tomorrow.
A. forgotten B. stored C. left D. thrown
25. We'd better ...... really early. It's a very long journey.
A. set up B. set off C. set down D. set on
26. I've got a very high opinion ...... your brother.
A. on B. to C. for D. of
27. We don't sell foreign newspapers because there is no ...... for them.
A. request B. claim C. requirement D. demand
28. ...... I know, there are no problems with the class.
A. As far as B. So much as C. Much more than D. Except that
29. The little girl wouldn't go to the seaside ...... her father went too.
A. except B. but C. also D. unless
30. Having ...... the table, Mrs Robert called the family for dinner.
A. laid B. spread C. ordered D. completed