Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Lê Xoay, Vĩnh Phúc được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải tập trung vào kỹ năng làm bài trắc nghiệm. Đây là tài liệu ôn thi Tiếng Anh hữu ích dành cho các bạn học sinh lớp 12 đang chuẩn bị bước vào kỳ thi THPT Quốc gia 2015, hoặc các bạn thí sinh tự do muốn thi Đại học năm nay. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh
ĐỀ THI THỬ ĐẠI HỌC
Môn: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút
Đề số 123
I. Pick out the word that has the stress differently from that of the other words.
01. A. Computer B. Memory C. Commercial D. Geography
02. A. Chemistry B. Company C. Comfortable D. Biology
03. A. Confident B. Interview C. Advertise D. Position
04. A. Economic B. Renovation C. Irrigation D. Eliminate
05. A. Productivity B. Economical C. Agricultural D. Administrative
II. Choose the sentence that is similar in meaning to the one given.
06. The outcome of the election was never in doubt.
A. There was no doubt that it was the outcome of the election.
B. At no time was the outcome of the election in doubt.
C. At no time the outcome of the election was in doubt.
D. In doubt was the outcome of the election.
07. Peter emphasized the importance of being thoughtful toward one another.
A. Peter said that people should not talk too much.
B. Peter said that people should consider the feelings of others.
C. Peter said that people should not be too serious.
D. Peter said that people should discuss thoughtful topic.
08. Although you work really hard, you will never be promoted here.
A. If you didn't work hard, you would never be promoted here.
B. You will never be promoted here; however you work hard.
C. No matter how you work hard, you will be promoted here.
D. However hard you work, you will never be promoted here.
09. We regret to inform you that your application has been not successful.
A. We apologise for informing you that your application has not been successful.
B. We have to inform you that your application has not been successful because we regret .
C. Much to our regret. We have to inform you that your application has not been successful.
D. We have to inform you that your application has not been successful although we regret.
10. People no longer smoke so many cigarettes as they used to.
A. Smoking cigarettes used to be allowed years ago.
B. The smoking of cigarettes is no longer as popular as it used to be.
C. So many cigarettes used to be smoked but they aren’t now.
D. People don’t like smoking cigarettes as much as they did.
III. Read the passage and choose the correct answer.
Wood has long been a popular building material in North America because it has generally been plentiful and cheap. Swedish settlers in Delaware built log cabins as early as 1630s. In New England, British colonists built wooden “saltbox houses”. Most of the wooden homes of Colonial times could be built with simple tools and minimal skills.
In the early 19th century, the standard wooden house was built with beams set into heavy posts and held together with wooden pegs. This method of construction was time- consuming and required highly skilled workers with special tools. The balloon- frame house, invented in 1833 in Chicago by a carpenter from Hartford, Connecticut, used a frame of lightweight lumber, mostly 2x 4 and 2 x 6 inches. This type of house could be assembled by any careful worker who could saw in a straight line and drive a nail.
This revolution in building was made possible by improved sawmills that could quickly cut boards to standard sizes and the lower cost of lumber that resulted. There were also new machines that could produce huge quantities of inexpensive nails. Skeptics predicted that a strong wind could send such houses flying through the air like balloons and, at first "balloon frame" was a term of derision. But the light frames proved practical, and wooden houses have been basically built this way ever since.
11. Skeptics thought that the balloon- frame house would be _________.
A. blown away B. raised C. expanded D. demolished
12. Most of the wooden houses of Colonial times were ________.
A. demanding B. difficult to build C. easy to build D. challenging
13. All of the following are factors in the development of the balloon- frame house EXCEPT______.
A. the invention of sophisticated tools B. the production of cheap nails
C. improvements in sawmills D. the falling price of lumber
14. According to the passage, where did the inventor of the balloon- frame house originally come from?
A. Chicago B. Sweden C. Connecticut D. Delaware
15. The author implies that which of the following types of houses required the most skill to produce?
A. Balloon- frame houses.
B. Saltbox houses.
C. Standard wooden houses of the early 19th century.
D. The log cabin built by Swedish settlers.
16. The word derision is closest in meaning to __________.
A. ridicule B. ignorance C. regret D. affection
17. According to the passage, why was the term balloon- frame applied to certain houses?
A. They could be easily expanded.
B. They were made of lightweight materials.
C. They had rounded frames that slightly resembled balloons.
D. They could be moved from place to place.
Đáp án đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh